The following general terms and conditions apply:
version 26 may 2021
Article 1 Definitions
In these general terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu: the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
- Participant: the natural person who is enrolled in a training programme organised by Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
- Registration: the participant informing the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu in writing that he wishes to follow a training course. This act should be regarded as an offer to Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu to register for a course and an agreement with these General Terms and Conditions.
- Registration: the act of Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu accepting the participant’s offer.
- Tuition fee: the amount to be paid by the participant in the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu in order to follow the training.
- Programme: the open registration offer of a course, training, continuing education, etc. of Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu, hereafter referred to separately as: the programme.
- Teaching materials: Readers, brochures, manuals, applications, digital access to teaching materials and other materials required for knowledge transfer and application during the course of the training.
Article 2 Applicability
- These conditions apply to all agreements between the participant and Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu, concerning participation in a training programme.
- Deviations from these conditions are only binding if and insofar as they have been agreed in writing.
Article 3 Registration and enrolment
- Registration for a training course with Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu takes place exclusively by means of the registration form on the internet.
- Registration will be dealt with in the order in which the registration forms are received.
- By registering, the participant agrees to these terms and conditions and to the tuition fees applicable at that time.
- After registration a reflection period of 14 days applies
- The registration is deemed to be accepted after the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu has confirmed the registration to the participant in writing with a signed study agreement or after the student has accepted the conditions via the Electronic Learning Environment of the programme.
- The programme has a numerus fixus of 60 students composed of the students of three locations.
- The Amsterdam location has a separate numerus fixus of 28 students, 14 on the Monday evening and 14 on the Thursday evening.
For the location in Delft, a separate numerus fixus of 16 students applies.
The Amersfoort location has a separate numerus fixus of 16 students.
The numerus fixus can be temporarily adjusted if required by governmental measures.
- In case of over-registration, a waiting list will be drawn up. Candidates on the waiting list have priority for admission to the next training start date.
- Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu reserves the right to change the numerus fixus
- Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu is entitled to refuse the participant’s registration, stating the reason(s).
- Further specific conditions are attached to the participation in the programme, such as entry level, attendance requirement, etc.
Article 4 Cancellation by the participant
- The participant is obliged to pay the tuition fee, unless otherwise agreed.
- The participant can cancel his registration in writing up to fourteen days before the start of the training against payment of € 100,- for administration costs.
- In case of cancellation after fourteen days before the start of the training, 50% of the tuition fee is due.
- The date of receipt of the cancellation is decisive in determining the cancellation fee.
- Any refund will be made within 30 days.
Article 5 Cancellation by the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu
- The Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu has the right to cancel a training course, or part of a training course, before it starts, if in its opinion there are insufficient enrolments, or in case of other unforeseen circumstances or force majeure.
- The participant will be informed as soon as possible and is entitled to a refund of the tuition fees paid.
- The Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu is not liable for the costs of already purchased teaching materials and other possible costs incurred.
Article 6 Participation in training
- Participation in the training programme is only permitted for the duration of the training programme for which enrolment has taken place.
- Participation in the programme is bound to the rules as laid down in the Education and Examination Regulations and the Student Statutes of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
Article 7 Premature termination
- In the event of a premature termination of the programme, tuition fees will not be refunded if a student has enrolled for one programme module of a relevant level.
- In the event of early termination of the programme by a participant who has enrolled for all modules of an entire level, no refund of tuition fees will be made if this termination takes place after four months of the start of the level concerned. If payment is made in several instalments, the student is obliged to pay the instalments not yet paid.
- In the event of early termination of the course by the participant, who has enrolled in all modules of an entire level, before four months have passed since the start of the level in question, the participant is entitled to a refund of 50% of the shiatsu course fees, minus € 100 in administration costs. If payment is made in several instalments, the student is obliged to pay the instalments not yet paid that fall within the period of four months after commencement.
- In the event of early termination of the programme by the participant, there will be no refund of the tuition fee for Basic Medical Course and the obligation to pay the unpaid instalments will remain.
- If a participant wishes to resume training after termination, he or she must re-apply.
- Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu is entitled to unilaterally terminate the registration in writing if the interests of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu are harmed by inappropriate behaviour. This is without prejudice to the financial obligations of the participant.
Article 8 The training and teaching materials
- Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu is entitled to make changes to the programme, the location, the content of the training and/or the team of trainers.
- The Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu will make every effort to arrange replacement teachers as soon as possible.
- Course material is only provided if the payment obligation for the course fee has been met.
- The materials provided by Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu in the context of the training become the participant’s property, without prejudice to the fact that the intellectual property of Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu rests with the participant and that the materials are exclusively for personal use and may not be used for other purposes.
Article 9 Tuition and examination fees
- The height of the tuition and the possible exam fee is mentioned on the website of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu; printing and typing errors reserved.
- After registration, the participant receives an invoice to pay the tuition fee. If the registration is co-signed by a company or institution, the invoice will be sent to the co-signatory. Signing or co-signing the registration will lead to joint and several liability for payment of the tuition fee.
- After receipt of the tuition fee by the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu, the participant is entitled to follow the training.
- After receipt of the examination fee or re-examination fee owed by the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu, the participant is entitled to take the examination or re-examination concerned.
Article 10 Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the participant must have paid the tuition fee before the start of the course, all this without any discount, set-off or debt compensation.
- If the participant makes use of a payment scheme, an administration fee of € 50 will be charged, which will be charged with the first term.
- The tuition fee for a complete level must be paid in four instalments. The first term at registration, the second term after two months, the third term after four months and the fourth term after six months.
- The tuition fee for a module of a lesson level must be paid in two instalments. The first term at registration, the second term after one month after the start of the module.
- Prior to a seminar, participant will receive two invoices: one for accommodation costs during the seminar, payable to the training, and one for accommodation costs, payable to the training centre.
The amount of the accommodation costs is communicated via the ELO, the electronic learning environment of the course.
- The amount of accommodation costs is stated on the website of the course centre; printing and typing errors reserved. For the accommodation, the cancellation conditions of the training centre apply.
- If you do not wish to take part in a seminar, you must inform the head teacher of the relevant course year and the course centre at least 7 working days beforehand. For cancellations later than 7 working days in advance, the respective accommodation costs will still be charged.
- The accommodation costs must be paid in full. Non-attendance on one of the days does not entitle to a refund of part of the costs.
- If the participant has not paid the tuition fee within the agreed payment period, he will be in default by the mere expiry of that period, without any summons or notice of default being required. In that case, the participant is due the statutory interest from the moment he is in default of payment, without prejudice to the authority of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu, if it concerns an instalment payment, to claim the outstanding instalments immediately.
- The participant shall also be liable for the costs, both judicial and extrajudicial, incurred in the collection of the debt. The extrajudicial costs amount to 15% of the amount to be claimed with a minimum of € 150, – excluding VAT.
Article 11 Intellectual property
- The Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu is owner of the intellectual property rights to the teaching material made available to the participant. The teaching material may not be duplicated and/or made public in any way, without prior written permission of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
- The Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu authorised to archive the products developed by the participant during the training for the purpose of assessing the participant and for quality control of the training.
- Publication of the products developed by the participant does not take place without prior consent of the participant. However, these products may be used anonymously by the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
Article 12 Protection of personal data
- The information provided by the participant will be included in the administration of Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu. The data are used for responsible customer management and responsible business operations, among other things for registering the participant and sending course materials.
- Address information of the participant can be used by the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu to send information about activities of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu and/or the Beroepsvereniging Iokai Shiatsu.
- Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu does not provide information on the progress of the training to third parties without written consent of the participant.
- The participant has the right to access and correct his/her own data. If the participant no longer wishes to receive information, this can be reported in writing to the administration of Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
- The Privacy Statement of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu, available through the website and Electronic Learning Environment, provides detailed information on the data policy.
Article 13 Liability
- Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu is not liable for any inaccuracies in the teaching material offered.
- The Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu is not liable for any damage caused to the participant in connection with the training, unless there is intent and/or gross negligence on the part of the Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
Article 14 Complaints procedure
- If the participant has a complaint, he may submit it in writing, stating reasons, within 30 days of the complaint arising.
- The complaint will be taken up and dealt with in accordance with the complaints procedure of Beroepsopleiding Iokai Shiatsu.
Article 15 Applicable law and competent court
- All agreements concerning participation in a training course are governed by Dutch law.
- All disputes arising from these agreements shall be submitted to the competent court in Delft.